Monday, February 11, 2013

Welcome to Quiet Waters!


Welcome to my blog  “Quiet Waters”.  In Psalm 23 David uses poetic imagery to describe the Good Shepherd, our heavenly Father, leading His sheep, you and me, to green pastures and quiet waters. Over the past 38 years, I've looked to this Psalm for comfort and assurance that God guides and provides. Its rich spiritual implications continually provide rest and restoration for my soul. 

 We all need rest. Rest from life’s responsibilities, rest from this noisy, needy world! Rest is found in listening to our Good Shepherd and following Him wherever He leads.

 In His presence Jesus restores us by providing our souls with hope-filled truths. He nourishes, strengthens, and brings peace.  Jesus imparts grace, coupled with courage, to face day to day challenges, little ones and big ones. Our Good Shepherd provides everything our souls need!

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30(MSG)

In “Quiet Waters” I’m excited to share spiritual lessons I’ve learned from our Good Shepherd. Hopefully they will help renew and restore you, too, so that together, our souls joyfully sing, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” Psalm 23:1 (Net)

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen!! I think it's easy to slip into the "provide for myself" mentality, which never works well. For me, resting is often the most "active" and productive thing I can do for my intimacy with Christ. Thanks for this powerful reminder.

    ReplyDelete