Saturday, June 29, 2013

God's Hand Holds You! (Part 2- A True Love Story)

God desires to fill us to overflowing with agape love. The apostle Paul declares it’s so wide and long and high and deep that it surpasses knowledge! (Ephesians 3:19) So, how can we be filled with this infinite, unfathomable love?

With prayer and a believing heart. Prayer is the means our heavenly Father designed so we can ask and receive His good and perfect gifts. Prayer unleashes divine revelations of agape love.

So let's continue with prayer!

Dear heavenly Father, Please open my heart and my spiritual eyes to see Your priceless truths and believe them. Help me know and experience your infinite, unchanging love and be filled to overflowing with it. I long to receive Your agape love so that I will love You first and most. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Psalm 139:5-12 “You hem me in --- behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,’ even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.”

Oh, the vastness of the universe! If we could look through the Hubble space telescope we’d see 100 billion galaxies! Each galaxy has a diameter millions of trillions miles wide! Imagine…Love’s Presence occupying, present everywhere.

Hemmed in, not one can escape God’s agape love! Although darkness tries to make us believe such love doesn't exist. Or that we are unworthy or unreachable.

Our darkness may be sickness. Our darkness may be the sin we try to cover up and hide. Darkness may be the child addicted to drugs, or the estranged loved one. Still, the Light shines! Never snuffed out by darkness, always brighter than the darkness, agape love never gives up. It never quits.

In our aloneness, lostness, or stress, the Creator of relentless love waits attentively.  He watches us struggle with holding on to people and things. He watches us try to fix the darkness, to make it go away. He watches us struggle with unbelief. Yet He still waits. Because “Love is patient” (1 Corinthians 13: 4).  

Love waits… until… we choose… Him. Then, He rises with compassion and grace.  The majestic Creator of the universe, whose power, knowledge and goodness have no limits, who is always mindful of us, responds!

As you surrender your worries to Him, oh so many worries about children, health, money, your future, God will quiet you with agape Love.

As you fully trust Him, Love will fill your heart amidst the darkness.  And the darkness becomes as light to you, as it always is to Him.  

 Even if chaos and crises coil around you, Agape’s powerful love can keep you steady. Imagine God’s love, like a gravitational pull, firmly anchoring you to Jesus. Just like gravity holds everything in place, God’s right hand holds you fast!  





No comments:

Post a Comment